Shopping Cart
Your Cart is Empty
Quantity:
Subtotal
Taxes
Shipping
Total
There was an error with PayPalClick here to try again
CelebrateThank you for your business!You should be receiving an order confirmation from Paypal shortly.Exit Shopping Cart


Break​OnThru.org

DISCOVERING THE FUTURE BY REVEALING THE PAST

DECIPHERED  - The ZUNIGA MAP and the LOST COLONY of ROANOKE

There is no way that the map known as the Zuniga map could have been deciphered without Google Earth. In sharp focus, one must be able to zoom in on certain targets within a few hundred feet from a birds-eye-view. Some of the targets also must be viewed in the different season's Winter, Spring, Summer, Fall. A way to measure distances is also needed and Google Earth provides all of this. Google Earth began in 2003. The Zuniga Map has been solved and it is NOT of the Chesapeake Bay Region and James River and Jamestowne Island. The rivers on the map were made to view north to south. The map shows the north side of the Albemarle Sound, the Chowan River, and the Roanoke River to Kendricks Creek and other points in-between. Essentially the north side of the Albemarle Sound and the Chowan River are mirror images of the Chesapeake Bay Region and the James River.  The Zuniga Map locates the 1587 English colony known as the Lost Colony of Roanoke. Lost Colony leader Elannor Dare's name has been found written on this map. Her profile bust picture has also been found on this map in 2 different images. The greatest piece of artwork since Leonardo da Vinci can be found in a section of this map not so much in the artwork itself but rather in what the piece represents. A man named George Percy made this map. It is the personal diary in images of Elannor Susannah (White) Dare.  

Click Here to Add a Title

Click this text to start editing. This block is great for showcasing a particular feature or aspect of your business. It could be a signature product, an image of your entire staff, an image or your physical location, etc. Double click the image to customize it.

WITNESS THE LOST COLONY OF ROANOKE REVEALED IN GEOGLYPHS!

Lost Colony FOUND in geoglyphs!

 Revealed!! The 1587 Lost Colony of Roanoke

and the Small Hill Cemetery 

OVERVIEW: Sent by Sir Walter Raleigh, they are known as the Lost Colony of Roanoke. In July of 1587, 117 men, women and children arrived on the shores of North Carolina, at Roanoke Island from Plymouth, England. It was an attempt to establish the first permanent English settlement in North America. Virginia Dare, the first English birth in the new world, was born to English parents Ananias and Eleanor Dare, shortly after their arrival at Roanoke. By late August, Eleanor's father, John White, the governor of the colony, had returned to England for additional supplies leaving the colonists on Roanoke Island. Before his departure, White and the colonists agreed that they would move 50 miles inland from Roanoke Island and that if the colonists were in need of rescue, a Maltese Cross would be a signal to White upon his return. On a map made by White (see map below), a fort structure was plotted at the west end of the Albemarle Sound where it meets the Chowan River and Salmon Creek, flows. In 2015, an archeological dig took place at Salmon Creek in the area where the fort was located on White's map. Both colonial era and Indian artifacts were found there including sixteenth century English pottery known as Border ware that the colonists had brought  with them on the ship. Following White's return back to England, war broke out between Britain and Spain and White was unable to secure his return to Roanoke for three years. With his return in 1590, records show that White found Roanoke Island deserted and reported no signal of a Maltese Cross was found. The only clues were the names "CRO" carved into a tree and “CROATOAN” carved into a post on the island. White then returned to England without having made contact with the colonists. The Roanoke colony never made contact again with their English countrymen and their whereabouts have been a mystery ever since.

THE DARE STONE

In 1937, a 21-pound stone was discovered in an area of the Chowan River known as the Rocky Hock Creek. This location was not far from where White had plotted the fort. This unique stone is made of pure quartz crystal, with copper, and traces of gold and silica. Carved on the stone, was a gravestone inscription that read: "Ananias Dare & Virginia Went Hence Unto Heaven 1591." At the bottom of the stone was written "Any Englishman Show John White Governor Via." Also written on the reverse side of the stone was a message to Eleanor's father, John White and signed "EWD" (Eleanor White Dare). See images of Dare Stone below.


Regarding the Dare Stone: “I think it is real,” said Fred Willard, founder and Past Director of the Lost Colony Center for Science and Research (1999 - 2017). 

DARE HEADSTONE

- Front side -

Ananias Dare & 

Virginia went hence 

vnto Heaven 1591


Anye Englishman Shew

John White Govr Via





DARE HEADSTONE MESSAGE

- Reverse side -


Father soone after yov

goe for Englande wee cam

hither / Onlie misarie & warre

tow yeere / Above halfe deade ere tow yeere more from sickenes beine foure & twentie /

Salvage with mesage of shipp vnto vs / Smal

space of time they affrite of revenge rann

al awaye / Wee bleeve it nott yov / Soone after

ye salvages saine spirts angrye / svddlone

mvrther al save seaven / Mine childe

Ananais to slaine wth mvch misarre /

Bvrie al neere fovre myles Easte this river

vppon small hil / Names writ al ther

on rocke / Pvtt this ther alsoe / Salvage

shew this vnto yov & hither / Wee

promise you to give greate

plentie presents

EWD


  Above translated:


Father soon after you

go for England we came

here / Only misery & war

two year / Above half dead here two

year more from sickness being four & twenty /

Savage with message of ship unto us / small

space of time they affrite of revenge ran

all away / We believe it not you / Soon after

the savages say spirits angry / Suddenly

murder all save seven / Mine child

Ananais too slain with much misarie /

Burie all near four miles East this river

upon small hill / Names written all there

on rock / Put this there also / Salvage

show this unto you & hither / we

promise you to give great

plenty presents

EWD

THE 1587 LOST COLONY &  The Small Hill Cemetery

______________

It had been four long years since Eleanor's father had returned to England for supplies. By late 1591, Eleanor had carved into the reverse side of the headstone of her husband and daughter, a message, that began by describing the colony's move from Roanoke Island: "Father Soon After You Go For England We Came Here" (see fort plotted on map, above). Eleanor then describes the past four years of the colonist’s daily lives: "Only Misery And War Two Year / Above Half Dead Here Two Year More From Sickness Being Four & Twenty (24)." Eleanor states that following two years of war and after another two years of sickness, that less than half the colonists had survived. She then writes that the Indians had attacked and killed all but seven of the colonists: "Ye Indians Say Spirits Angry / Suddenly Murder All Save Seven." Apparently, both her husband Ananias and daughter Virginia fell victim to the Indian attack as is described within the stone's message: "Mine Child / Ananias Too Slain With Much Misery." Eleanor then states in the message that she buried all of the dead colonists across the river and upon a hill where all of their names were written there on a 2nd stone: "Buried All Near 4 Miles East This River Upon Small Hill / Names Written All There On Rock."

 

From Roanoke Island and west along the Albemarle Sound, the town of Edenton is located. Just to the west of Edenton is where Governor White plotted the image of the fort. A few miles north of Edenton, is Rocky Hock Creek and at the mouth of the creek is where the headstone was found. 

 

With the start of the Jamestown settlement in 1607, located about 75 miles north of Rocky Hock Creek, attempts were made by Jamestown colony leader Captain John Smith, to make contact with the Roanoke colonists. William Strachey, a secretary of the Jamestown Colony from 1610-11, had gleaned from an Indian leader in the Jamestown area, that during a Indian attack on the colonists, that four English men, two boys and a young maid, had been sighted at an Indian village and that they had escaped an attack on the other colonists and fled up (north) the Chowan River. Fleeing the Indian attack and heading north up the river, Elyanor and the other six surviving colonists' would have been along the west bank of the river and in the area across from the Rocky Hock Creek (see map, below), which is located East at about four miles distant. She then wrote on the stone that all of the deceased colonist's were buried upon a small hill where there names were written there upon a second stone: "Buried All Near 4 Miles East This River Upon Small Hill / Names Written All There On Rock".

 

Along the flat coastal regions, this area is made-up of swamplands and sand and any stones or hills are difficult to come by. During the late 16th and 17th centuries, the entire Southeast was experiencing the worst draught conditions in 800 years, the Roanoke area bearing the brunt of the draught that hit in 1580 no doubt affecting the water levels of the rivers and drying up the swamps and creeks.

 

Elyanor wrote in her message that she buried all the dead colonists upon a hill. To find anything within this flat coastal area that resembles a dirt hill, one must today look under water. The Dare headstone was found in the inlet where the Rocky Hock Creek flows into the Chowan River. In early times, as the marshlands began flowing through this area and following the lay-of-the-land, deep channels were carved out leaving small hills. Today these hills are under water and covered with trees and other vegetation that would have dried-up during the draught thence graves were able to be dug for burials.

  

Summary: The colonists agreed with governor White, that they would move 50 miles from Roanoke Island to the mainland following his return to England. On the map made by governor White, he plotted a fort at the west end of the Albemarle Sound located just over 50 miles from Roanoke Island. From an archeological dig(click) in the area of the fort, it was concluded from the excavated pottery and other items found, that the 1587 "lost" colonists had lived in the fort area. Elyanor wrote in her message that by 1591, war, sickness and an Indian attack, had wiped-out all but seven of the colonists. Jamestown secretary William Strachey, included within his writings, a report, stating that during the Indian attack, 4 English men, 2 boys and a young maid, were seen fleeing up (North) the river. Elyanor also describes within her message, that her husband Ananias Dare and their daughter Virginia, had also been killed in the attack and that she buried all the colonists about four miles East of the river (see image below).  


The Miracle at Rocky Hock Creek


GEOGLYPH - DEFINITION: "A Geoglyph is a large design or motif (generally larger than 13 feet) produced on the ground and typically formed by clastic rocks or similary durable elements of the landscape such as stones, stone fragments, live trees, gravel, or earth."


The following geoglyphs are unintentionally man-made and some are a natural occurance and may be seen on Google Earth over a 25-year period. These geoglyphs are located in the area where the events of the Roanoke colony took place following their move from Roanoke Island to the fort area and where the small hills are located that Elyanor wrote about within her message to her father.

A geoglyph, just over 3,100 feet long (Below, Left, blue circle), shows Elyanor White Dare carrying her daughter Virginia to be buried upon the small hill at the Rocky Hock Creek. As colors are added to this geoglyph, appears a woman carrying a small child, complete with a feather in the childs headband (below, right).

 

Much of the geoglyph was colored-in by following the different shapes of the different shades of soil. Note how the white mineral deposits form her front foot and also seperates the feather from the childs head. Virginia, born 18 August, 1587, was about 4 years old upon her death. This geoglyph is located in the area between the two, four mile points (see above image, blue circle) and just North of the fort where it was reported that 4 English men, 2 boys and a young maid were seen fleeing during the Indian attack. 

Geoglyph above, blue circle, is partially natural and unintentionally man-made. See above geoglyph after color has been added (at right). Also see above geoglyph during different years (below).

Elyanor, carries Virginia (the first English birth in North America), across from the west shore of the Chowan River, to be buried at the Small Hill Cemetery at the Rocky Hock Creek.

Elyanor White Dare Geoglyph - 2011 

(see Google Earth)

Elyanor White Dare Geoglyph - 2009 (see Google Earth)

Elyanor White Dare Geoglyph - 1998

 (see Google Earth)

In geoglyph image, Elyanor Dare, crossed the Chowan River to bury her husband Ananais and their daughter Virginia, upon a small hill at the Rocky Hock Creek (see photo below). There are a few small hills in this inlet all bunched together below the waters surface. The green dot at the end of the Rocky Hock creek, with water surrounding it at the point of the arrow (see image, below) is the largest of the hills at about 300 ft. long.

 

Opposite this hill along the inlet shoreline is where the Dare headstone was found in 1937, by a man named Lewis Hammond, while visiting his family in North Carolina. In September of 1936, this area was struck by hurricane #13, where it is described as one of the most severe on record. Possibly a tree on the hill that held the headstone was brought down during the storm and carried it to the shore where the stone dislodged and was then discovered the following Summer by Mr. Hammond.

 

Elyanor also wrote on the stone in her message to her father that he was to return the stone to the hill where the other colonists' were buried indicating that the stone is the headstone of her husband and daughter: "Burie All Near Four Miles East This River Upon Small Hill / Names Written All There On Rock (a 2nd stone) / Put This There Also / Salvage Show This Unto You & Hither".

Following the fatal attack, Elyanor carved into the quartz crystal headstone, the names of her husband and daughter and from the west shore of the Chowan River, she crossed to the burial place upon a small hill, where all the colonist's names were written on a second stone. Within the area along the Rocky Hock Creek, an additional four different geoglyphs display and tell the story of the Indian attack on Ananais Dare and Virginia (see image below) as Elyanor described it in her message to her father. 


The geoglyphs are numbered #1, #2, #3, and #4. At 1,350 ft. long, geoglyph #1, shows the profile head of a attacking Indian with war paint and two feathers. Note the one feather leads to the largest hill. The geoglyph of Elyanor on the West bank of the Chowan River, also shows Virginia's head and face. Here, in the geoglyph #2, Virginia, is represented by a little rabbit with a slashed throat. Geoglyph #3 displays a machete knife with a pool of blood. The #4 geoglyph, is a profile bust of Ananais Dare, he is wearing a green hat and is tilted to the northeast. His image shows the machete has cut away part of his head. As color is added to these four geoglyphs, (see 2nd image below) the eerie story plays out in pictures of the slayings of Ananais Dare and Virginia, as Elyanor wrote in her message: "Mine Child / Ananais Too Slain With Much Misery". Also, in the 2nd image below, see the inset window (bottom, left corner) of a Jaunty Algonquin Indian. This is a partial image used from Govornor John White's artwork that he made of the Indians within that area and it shows the similarities when comparing it to the Indian geoglyph above it.

Lost Colony of Roanoke revwaled in Geoglyphs


 The Small Hill Cemetery

When water levels in this area are down, one is able to walk the surface of these hills. Most  of the surface is 2-3 foot deep mud, with much of it disguised beneath a bed of fallen leaves. Hopping around on the cypress tree roots and stumps is your best bet to getting around. Providing the roots and stumps are not rotted out with a reptile surprise holed-up within. Rattle, copperhead and cottonmouth (water moccasin) snakes live in the trees and brush on these hills, with sunken boats and lillypads just beneath the water's surface that can make for difficult navigation around the hills (see images below).

At about 300 ft. long, the largest of the small hills sits just beyond a battered landing. 

 Just across from the largest hill, a deadly cottonmouth moccasin suns itself on a partially sunkin boat (Red circle).

With the water level down about 18", the surface of the largest hill appears with a steep drop at the waterline. The mud in this area on the shore of the hill is about 30" deep. Thorn bushes then provide a barrier beyond the shore.

Beneath a bed of leaves slowly flows a river of mud. The flat looking "stepping stones" are cypress and other type of dead tree roots and stumps; I call them boobie traps as not all are safe for stepping on in crossing the deep channels of mud.

Just across from the largest hill appears a smaller hill. This hill is about 125 ft. long with the same landscape as the others. From a sunken boat, note the stern cletes at each side of the cypress tree in center of photo. This is the boat that Lewis Hammond identified as being in the area where he found the Dare Headstone.

Although this 125 ft. long hill is much smaller than it's sister hill, it still would accomodate over 100 dead bodies (colonist's). The surface and the sides of these hills here are all wrapped in tree roots which holds the hills together.

The dark line where the water and the skyline meet in the distance is the west shore of the Chowan River. It is about four miles distant from there to the small hills as Elyanor described she buried all the dead colonists': "buried all near four miles east this river upon small hill." Although the smaller hills seen in the photo would not accommodate the many colonists Elyanor buried, all of the hills in this inlet would have been dry and visible during the draught at the time the colonists were buried.


STORE

Under Construction

CLICK


CONTACT


RETURN TO HOME PAGE

CLICK

COPYRIGHT 2020 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED